Buying a new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marlin18, May 18, 2011.

1. marlin18

marlin18 LawnSite Member

I am new to the business and have had a little success so I need to upgrade my mower. Before i go shopping I wanted some insight. When looking at a large walk behind or ZTR such as Hustler, exmrk or Gravely are the prices on the mowers usually fixed or is there room for negotiating? Does the dealer usually help with pitching your blades or leveling the deck etc??

2. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

Yes to all your questions

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it depends on the dealer...at my john deere dealer they were already priced $2000 below the list price so they would only come off $100 at the most....that's all they could do....other dealers may have it at list price so they can come off $2000...just depends on the dealer.

4. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

and thats correct. its time for me to get another one but the gas prices were eating my profits. but anyway i went to a gravely dealer and was told the same thing, would only knock off 100 bucks due to to what the list price was.

5. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Hello, we offer a Commercial Grade 48" gear drive walkbehind RED HAWK Mower. 18 hp Kohler, fixed deck, 5 speed trans. Sells for under $2,200. Any questions, give me al call.

THanks,
    Blake
    LandscaperPro