buying a new ztr

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by alvatude, Jun 18, 2008.

1. alvatude

alvatude LawnSite Member
    from alva fl

I have 10 acres in southwest FL. I'm replacing a 10 yr old Cub 54" ztr. My property is heavily treed with about 2 acres of open grass. The Cub I'm retiring was a resd. model. I would like to get something sturdier but nimble, Speed isn't a issue I can't run full out on most of property. I've test driven Gravely , country clipper, bad boy,toro and bobcat. E-bay has great dane Brutis and everride Hornet but can't test them locally. I need a machine that can handle rough terrain (got wild hogs) and won't beat me up. My price range is $5000 to $7500

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

scag 52 inch,lc kawasaki. it the hoss 8k perhaps a little cheaper,do you have dealers in the south.....

3. alvatude

alvatude LawnSite Member
    from alva fl

the gravely dealer sells Scags but I thought I saw 5 figures on all the price tags I'll call them and see

4. alvatude

alvatude LawnSite Member
    from alva fl

found a Scag Tiger Cub w/26hp for kohler 8K anyone have an opinion model# STC52V25C

5. alvatude

alvatude LawnSite Member
    from alva fl

I'm thinking of buying a Scag Tiger Cub (STC 52V 25C) for a 10 acre property Terrain is flat but rough with 80% tree cover. Would like opinions from anyone experienced with this machine. Dealer is asking 8K

6. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Check out an Everride Warrior. Ive seen good deals in Florida on Ebay and on Craigslist for a new one for around $6300. Scags is a great brand but the Tiger Cub is a small unit. I would look for a full size unit for 10 acres and most other full size brands you are going to go over your budget.

7. KSgrassmaster

KSgrassmaster LawnSite Member

i would look into a Scag Tiger cub either in the 52" or 61". They are great machines and i think they are reasonbly priced.

8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the Country Clipper Charger with a suspension seat! It has the articulating deck on it and also flips up! It will also beat any other mower on a hill! And with the combination of the articulating deck and suspension seat with the large tires it is a good ride! They are the best kept secret on the market!

9. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I almost forgot with the clipper I personally would go with the twin stick instead of the joystick version! Also if you wanted to spend a little more you could get the Boss model with the EFI engine and take there 0% for 36months and get a 72" mower deck! The only draw back with the boss is it is not as good on hills as the charger but it is heavier machine and has all the bells and wistlers on it:)

10. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea in your budget it is going to be tough! I agree on the country clipper best bang out there and hill side is no issue with them! Stay away from everide especially if the ground is rough your back will pay for it! Scag would not be to bad and Dixie Chopper has a Silver Eagle HP with front suspension that rides very well! Another good one would be Bobcat! Demo Demo Demo!