1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buying a RedMax Trimmer Soon...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thunderhead, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I was gonna get either an Echo or RedMax, but have decided on RedMax because of local dealer support.

But before I go any farther I must say that my Echo SRM-210 has been bulletproof since the day I bought it on 4/23/2003. And it's still running as strong as it was that day.

I'm looking at the BCZ 2460 TS, BCZ 2660 TS, and the BCZ 2650 T.

My questions are:

What does the "T" and "S" mean on the different models?

What is the difference(s) between the 2660 TS and the 2650 T ?

The 2660 TS is only $10.00 LESS than the 2650 T... Why is this?

I'm leaning more towards the 2660 TS because it's only $40.00 more than the 2460 TS, and I think you're getting more power for not much more money (25.4cc/ 1.2hp vs. 23.6cc/1.14hp ).

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, Are there any problems with these models or is there any reason(s) that I should just completely avoid them altogether?

Thank You.

...I also have a RedMax HBZ 2601 handheld blower that I LOVE too. In 4 months, it'll be 2 years old...
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. Thunderhead

Is there anybody on here who knows Anything about the RedMax trimmers??
  3. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

My area ExMark dealer started carrying RedMax equipment. I've always used Stihl and he told me the RedMax blowers and trimmers were more commercially heavy duty. Might be trying some out this year.
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

How much power do you need?....if it is just trimming weekly and bi-weekly accts I would get the TR2350 from Redmax it is only 21cc but weighs a superlight 9lbs, I run 2 of them and love them.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok sorry thunderhead ive been backed up. here is the answer to your questions.

The TS is the straight shaft HIGH TORQUE It spins at a higher RPM then the standard T

Its made ( and they wont say this ) BUT its for the guys who take the guards off to keep power when you run string out further then the guard allows.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

P.S i also agree that the 2350 is a sweet trimmer we sell over 200 of them a year. I own one for myself as well. Been my favorite trimmer over everything for the past 6 years back when it was numbered as the 2301s.
  7. Thunderhead

Thank ya'll for the replies. I do appreciate it.
  8. underPSI

underPSI LawnSite Member

Of course he told you that. He just started selling them which means he obviously makes more profit off each unit. I continue to buy Stihl for a reason. A fellow LCO who's also a friend uses Redmax and has recent bought a Husky and used to use Echo. He can't wait until it's time for replacement because he's going to Stihl.
  9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I read a lot about Redmax strato engine being very cold blooded, complains of hard to start and take forever to warmup. Do a search and read the comments. No body seems to complain about reliability though, just irritating.
  10. hawaii

hawaii LawnSite Member
    from canada

Redmax runs a lot better than echo after start up, easy to start too. We run 2350t and 2650t. They have way more power than a comparable size echo and run forever, cant go wrong with Redmax, go for it.