buying a used 26" snapper w/b

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buttaluv, Aug 17, 2001.

1. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I've got a line on a snapper 26" w/b that's only a year old for $675.00, I've priced them new and their about $1040.00, so it sounds like a good deal. It hasn't been used comm. and has a 6hp Robin motor on it. I done a search on Robin Motors and it sounds like most of you guys like them. What do you guys think

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i think I would go with a used 32" or 36" for about the same price

3. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

If it is the like the one I have( long and narrow funny looking thing) DO NOT BUY!!! It is a piece of junk.. used mine 2 times have had it for 2 years. I am going to cut off the front and make sulky, and use the engine for a lawn sprayer.
    Dennis

4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Check into and see why they are selling after one year.My three cents.good luck.

5. I've got one. The kind with the little gizmo to lock one of the front castor wheels to mow in a straight line.
    I bought it last year, been using it all season on two accounts. Both were inaccessable with 32" WB I wanted something a little faster than a 21" and with those six speeds it is.

The engine's never faltered, but then I've only got maybe 40 hours on it.
    It's big enough I wish it had some sort of steering control, a 32" WB is easier to control. I'd gotten used to the 21" snapper handling so easy and this one doesn't. It's a big mower.
    I've had to replace the little rubber drive tire once, but that's probably because of the way I handle it. All stop and go manuvers.
    It is what it is, a mower between the 21" and a walk behind. I can tell you it ain't no piece of crap though. I wouldn't sell mine for $675. I paid the $1040 for mine.
    Dave