buying a ztr tomorrow WHICH ONE?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Oct 17, 2002.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

You all know the Husky story, now which ztr do I buy you all tell me your favorites and why. I need your experiences!

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts
  2. Why not buy a Kees, Exmark, Ferris, whatever spindle for less than $100 and install on your mower temp., rather than buy a $9k ZTR?
  3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

IBGreen you need to listen to the godfather.

All those listed mfgs spindles might be interchangable so buy one of those for around $70 or better yet get your dealer to buy you one since he f**-- it up and then go find a different dealer. Was this machine under warranty? After you resolve this junk go buy a lazer.
  4. IBGreen

Yes its still under warranty but I have already out grown it. I need a bigger deck, this one is only a 48". With a 18 hp. Kawi. I have been landscaping on my own for two years now, but this was my first year cutting commercially, I was struggling to keep up about two months after I bought this thing.

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts
  5. That s some good advice.

If you can get a 60" Lazer.
  6. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

bobcat all the man ,for us anyway.
  7. IBGreen

What did that mean?
  8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the best ztr ive owned is dixie chopper worst is scag
  9. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Hey IB. I bought a 52 inch Exmark Lazer HP in Little Rock and i absolutely love it. I have had nothing but a good experience with it. If you would like to look at it you are welcome to try it out. I have a good Exmark dealer that I use that will take care of you also. Hope this helps, Bill.
  10. IBGreen

Yeah I'd love to take a look at it! I am going to have to make a move soon. This all just happened today. Did you get it from Benton Equipment? They have a store in Little Rock. How many accounts do you have? Ever do any landscaping?