1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buying accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dr.Jay, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Dr.Jay

Dr.Jay LawnSite Member

I work full time in a unrelated business,and would like to start a lawn service
    in my area just on the weekends to pay for my equipment.If i spend 10,000 on this how many cuts would i have to cut, just to pay for my machines?How do you buy accounts By a percent of what they make?I figured 8 accounts would give me 400 dollars a moth if they were 25.00 a cut and cut them every two weeks.I want to buy some accounts before i get started " i will do this no other way".I'm a degenerate when it comes to this business.Do i need to buy my occupational license before i buy my equipment,so i can write everything off on taxes?How much will 8 account cost me if each one gives me 50 dollars a month.I just want to pay for my equipment before i plan on bigger and better things my area suck so i been told when it comes to making money(citrus county Florida).thank you guys for all the past help despite some discouraging replies