Buying accounts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Mar 15, 2012.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

you dont do tree and shrub so you are going to lose all those clients real fast
    r these high end or blue collar accounts?
    why is the person selling getting sued? foreclosed on?
    as for price you will pry have to pay at least 50% of gross but may be as much as 100% or more.
    buying a biz is like buying a hooker you may get the clap if you are not careful

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Even that is five times the op price

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Fl

Great site that should set a lot of people straight. It pretty much doesn't matter what state or area the Business is for sale in. Prices are running 80 to 125 % of gross sales or 150 to 300% of Net Income. Add in Owner Financing and their risk factor and you will being paying a lot more. Banks won't jump on Business purcahses unless they have Hard Collateral like Real Estate.

I sold my Business to my Employees and Financed it. However they couldn't buy the Pest Control, so I sold it separate. After a Failed go round with TG/CL who buys income all the time. I sold to 3 different smaller companies getting 100% on a years Gross up front. TG/CL wanted a huge hold back for lost accounts. That was a last minute offer at the lawyers office for a closing that didn't happen. BTW I did have to sign a No Compete for 1 year. Florida courts only honors Non compete for one year. I waited two years before going back in business and never approached my former customers.