Buying all new equipment next year and need some help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Jul 27, 2003.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I will be purchasing all new equipment over the winter and moving into another area. I have already order a new chevy cab and chassis with the duramax and allison. I will be putting a Omaha Standard bed on it and a Meyer snow plow. Behind this I will be pulling a 28' Haulmark edge race trailer. I will be purchasing 2 60" liquid cooled Lazer Z's because they seem to have the best bagging setup for a 60" cut. I will also be purchasing 2 Turf tracer hp's with 48" cut and elec. start Kawasaki's, and one Viking hydro 32" cut. My question is should I run exmark 21" mowers or should I go ahead and purchase the Hondas? I do bag EVERYTHING so I'm leaning more towards the Hondas. Tell me what you think. And for those of you who are curious I use all Redmax handhelds.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Exmarks 21" Has a Blade speed Of 18,000 FPM. That should Bag Your Grass!
    John

3. HazellLawnCare

Hey John do you use the exmark 21"s?

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

No Never Needed One. But i have seen Them In Action.
    John

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You win the lottery or something??? That Xmas list is over 75k by my calculation.

6. HazellLawnCare

No, actually I sold my business one year ago and I'm getting back into the business. I have talked to all of my old customers and they want me to come back they are not happy with the new owner. I considered buying everything back from him but all my old equipment is not in the shape I kept it in. I didn't sell the guy any contracts or sign a no compete so I have no legal problems stepping right back into where I left off. So, I am going to go buy all new equipment with the money he paid me originally and take back over all my old work.

7. rodfather

Cool...good luck. BTW, why did you get out???

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

That and why back in?

9. HazellLawnCare

Ok I got married and thought it would be worth it to get out and get a job with retirement and benefits. Well I got a really good job at a local funeral home but I hate the being on call on nights and such. I just really miss being my own employerer and working outside.

10. rodfather

Married, retirement, bennies, working at a funeral home on call at nights (no way Jose), working for yourself...that answers a couple of ?'s.

Good luck btw.