buying an Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TRex, Aug 24, 2003.

1. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I am going to buy an exmark and I went to the dealer today the prices they had were $3129 - Metro HP 36", $2150 Metro 36" 12.5 hp pistols both kawas and I am a bargain shopper and have been looking for a while, I think I could do a little better. Or have the dealer throw in a mulch kit or something. What do you think. I would prefer the HP because of the double wide belts and the larger engine and floating deck but am not sure if it is worth the extra $$. Please let me know something I am going to buy on monday.

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Floating deck is worth alot to me. If you change heights frequently, spend the extra $$$ and get the floater. If I am not mistaken, the Metro HP has a deeper deck, can't remember, someone will correct me if I am wrong.

3. TRex

from DFW ,TX

The HP does have a deeper deck but thats minimal.

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Metro 36" belt around here go for $1999.00 with Kawi 15HP. He is WAY too over-priced for a Metro. $2199.99 for Metro w/ ESC and 15Kawi

~Nest

5. TRex

from DFW ,TX

Thanks Elephant Nest. Could you recommend on an easy way to help me work him down to those prices. With out getting him upset to bad. And were those prices with the floating deck or not. I am not sure how hard it is to change the height on a fixed deck. Any info that would be appreciated.

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Hey TREX a place in Royce City (rockwall area) called Four Brothers (I THINK) sells them for almost cost, he makes his money off like 100k tractors so mid-sizes are no big deal. So try them, they can get the toro 21" commercial bbc thing, like the best one and they sell em like in the low 800's from what I hear.

Garland Saw is also a great place, that's who I deal with. About to walk in there Monday morning and get my 44" Toro t-bar:-D

7. TRex

from DFW ,TX

I am going to buy monday to one way or another. I am still not sure if I need to get the floating deck or not I know I want the 15hp kawa and ecs. Do you know these guys pretty well at garland and what kind of service and deals do they offer. Thanks for the help man.:cool:

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

No, that price was a fixed deck, but man, they cut great. As far as changing heights, it takes about 1 minute, less with the floating deck. We always just used the spacers on the front caster wheels to adjust height. Worked fine. Just use gloves so you don't get grease all over your hands. Come to think of it, it was easier to change than my TTHP with floating deck is.....but the TTHP actually changes the entire deck. But we cut many yards at different levels and only used the front spacers.

Tell him that if he can make you a good deal, not only will you buy your mulch kit, sulkies, belts, repairs, etc. from him, but also your next mower. Tell him you plan on getting a 52" or bigger within the year...he'll see future $$ and tend to go lower now, to try to get you to stay with him, hopefully.

Good luck,
    ~Nest

9. TRex

from DFW ,TX

Thanks Elephant Nest thats a pretty good idea. And I do plan on 52" Next season.

10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a little off the subject, but still concerning Exmarks. I am in the market for a 32" WB and know that Exmark has the Viking hydro with a 15hp Kohler. However, I'd rather go with the Kawi which is ofered on the 36" and bigger. Do you think I'd have the option to switch for the Kawi. Also, what price range wouldI be looking at (with the Kohler)?