Buying enclosed need help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grasscutter845, Sep 16, 2010.

1. grasscutter845

grasscutter845 LawnSite Member

Im looking at a pace summit, its 8x18. Will i be able to fit 2 zs and the walkbehind in there when the time comes that i need 2 zs?

2. bonzo1012

bonzo1012 LawnSite Member
    from MA

I have a 16' and i'm able to fit a hustler fast trak super duty and my great dane stander along with my little 22" tight but everything fits. If that helps.

3. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats alot different bud. A Super duty is a smaller ZTR, a stander takes up a lot less room, and just a 22" is a push mower.

I would go bigger than 18, I doubt two full size ZTRs and a walkbehind would fit, even IF they do, it would be too tight to enjoy the trailers capabilities.

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya go too 20'! I worked for someone last year with a 7x20 enclosed. Two standers and a tiger with only 3 feet to spare in the trailer. The bigger the better!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grasscutter845

grasscutter845 LawnSite Member

Dont really wanna go to a 20 to big, even tho its only two feet. Wanna stick with the 18 getting a good deal on it, i will just have to hope that everything fits in there if i buy another z

6. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

It was prob an 8.5x20. Don't think they even make a 7x20

7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

it was a tight fit putting the mowers into the trailer! i remember climbing over the mowers all the time to get from one end to the other! here's the trailer....http://www.turfscapeohio.com/job-openings if it was 8.5, that's the smallest 8.5 Ive ever seen!

8. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

I have a 24" pace summit with a 52" toro z and a 60" exmark z and a 36"exmark WB along with a toro 21" wb Trimmers /blowers etc mounted on walls 6 5gal gas cans stowed up front in trailer under work bench. The trailer is full with no extra room. My suggestion to you is get the biggest trailer you can because they fill up fast.

The one you stated in your post sounds small to me with what you want to put in it.JMHO

9. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

if pulling it around isnt a problem 8.5x24 - you have to watch the turns, but you dont trip over anything, and i had EVERYTHING that you would need for lawnmaintenance in that trailer with room to spare. even had enough room to bring a dingo with from time to time. got the upgraded ramp , drove a small skid steer inside, up graded the axels and loaded pallets of block when our other trailer went down

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i have an 8.5 x18 w/ V-nose

i put my 46" Ztr , 38" Ztr , 32" w/b and thre 22" push mowers w/ room to spare