1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

buying engine oil online?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by birdturd9726, Jun 7, 2009.

1. birdturd9726

birdturd9726 LawnSite Member

wondering if anyone buys engine oil online. I usually use Kohler Command 10W-30 Oil. looking for the best price for it online in bulk. I use jthomas for everything else, but they dont sell the kohler 4 cycle. Let me know if you know any sites that sell it. Thanks
  2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Wouldn't shipping defeat the purpose?
  3. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing special about Kohler oil. And unless you're buying it in bulk, Walmart is likely your best bet.

If you buy in bulk a local oil distributor is your best bet.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use Pennzoil 10w30 in all of my 4 stroke engines except for the wife's Cobalt.

Walmart usually has it for around $14 for 5 quart jugs.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Kohler doesn't make oil and there are plenty of oils available that will work as well or better in many cases. There are plenty of guys on here getting 2,500+ hours out of Kohlers with out Kohler oil.
  6. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

i buy it by the barrel and it isnt too much cheaper, if i bought more barrels it would be but i dont use enough. walmart has the best prices on oil. mostly if they are sj rated it is good enough for anything
  7. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

heres a place where i buy alot of stuff.http://www.expressmowerparts.com/Kohler_4_cycle_oil_p/06-201.htm
  8. birdturd9726

its kohler command oil. i do not know if they make it or not and i dont really care. it is what my dealer recommends. I dont even have a kohler motor, all Kawasaki.
  9. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

I buy all of my Royal Purple online. Awesome stuff.
  10. birdturd9726

how much per quart?