buying equipment online

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Birdjr, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

who here has purchesed equipment online does anyone know who has the best prices online for redmax power equipment.

2. kenmac

kenmac LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I justed purchased redmax 7001 from dixie outdoor $380.00 770-813-9612

3. pgoulding

pgoulding LawnSite Member

I just recieved my 7001 that i orderd off of ebay (which was from Dixie Outdoor) and they send them really fast, got mine in 3 days.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've bought a bunch of stuff of ebay. No problems.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Please do a search about the warranty (and lack there of) of internet purchases. For the few bucks you will save over dealer price now can be an obstacle latter.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Just be aware that the REDMAX Warranty clearly states that buying it off line voids the warranty. Redmax themselves even said on here one time that yes buying online voids the warranty. And don't think they won't know because they will when you register it and where you bought it. So you have to ask yourself before you buy is saving $25-$50 worth no warranty.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally have never ordered equipment online, it just frightens me. I have order many parts, supplies, etc.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer to make purchases through my dealer...he deserves to make a living as well.

9. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Have purchased some equipment online including Redmax with no problems. I have even had it repaired under warranty at my dealer. If you can save significant cash - go for it.

10. lawnguy268

lawnguy268 LawnSite Member

procut.....do u think things are any cheaper on ebay...?