1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

buying holiday lighting accounts

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by BMORRIS106, Oct 8, 2005.

1. BMORRIS106

BMORRIS106 LawnSite Member

just wandering if anybody had any experience in buying holiday lighting accounts. I partnered up with a guy a couple of years back and we grew the business to about 100 accounts which is about 28,000 gross sales. Now the guy wants out and I dont no what to pay him. I would really appreciate any suggestions. thanks

2. SharperCut

SharperCut LawnSite Member

Do you install the lights? What exactly do you do? Because if you're installing, $280 a house is low.

3. Travisty

Travisty LawnSite Member

I worked for a guy in LA for awhile doing it and I don't think he was doing a job under $1000. Of course it was all high end customers in Bel Air and Beverly Hills.
    When we broke off and started doing it on our own we weren't doing jobs under $600 and our biggest jobs were between $2500 and $3000. I am going to do Holliday lighting in Dallas this year... but I am unsure if the market will be the same. I am pretty sure that it will be close though.
    $280 per customer is really low.... depending on how much you are doing.
    I would charge that for 1 story house with icicles and 3 small trees.

Travis Schiffner
    ShadowScapes