Buying Hustler

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by CutApproved, Jan 1, 2006.

1. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Hey PJ, my local dealer is contacting his sales rep but wanted to know if you can help on a question.

The dealer is looking to sell me the SuperZ 52" 25hp Kaw. (he's checking on a price for an 2005 model)

What about the Super Mini Z, same size and all.
    Is there a big diffenence between the two machines. I think the SuperZ has the susp seat bigger hydros. But doesn't the Super Mini have the bigger pumps seat etc... too??

What the difference? I'm not a big business and can't afford the biggest which is why I'm asking.. Would I be loosing all that much?
    Plus I'm small time,, 10-15 accounts that I do on the side,, maybe just maybe I'll be able to grow bigger within a season or two.
    tks
    John

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Super Mini Z comes with the same features as the full frame Super Z's.
    Larger pumps and wheel motors, suspension seat, hydro coolers and a higher ground speed.
    The Mini Z has 10 cc pumps and the Super Mini Z has 16cc pumps.
    This is compared to our Mini Z of course (and every other Mini framed unit on the market).
    No other Mini framed unit has the specs or productivity of a Super Mini Z!

Pj

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

If your a small business with small properties you would most likely rather the Super mini Z. Best in its class bar none, as is the super Z. if you have small places to cut weight mught be an issue. You could probably go from a Mini Z or Fastrak up and be OK. If your looking at cost start there, there is a one year commercial warranty on the fastrak or 400 Hrs. Talk to your dealer make sure he understands what you want and what you can spend and work with him from there. Good Luck with your business.

4. OSDOTF

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

The Super Mini will also give you about seven inches of trim side (deck cutting width beyond the outside edge of the left tire); the full frame 52" has none. That could be an advantage (or a disadvantage) in the right (wrong) situation -- e.g., I use my Mini's trim side to mow beneath the bottom wire of my pasture's hi-tensile fence.

5. CutApproved

from NJ

This is why I asked.. thanks for the replies.

I have about 10 accounts, None smaller than 1/2 acre,, most of them are 1+acres,, two properties are close to 2 acres.

So correct me if I'm wrong,, for the price I might be better to go with the 52" Super MiniZ.. same seat, same hydros..... right?

I REALLY LIKE THIS FEATURE AND WAS UNAWARE OF IT -
    The Super Mini will also give you about seven inches of trim side (deck cutting width beyond the outside edge of the left tire)

Also, if I go with a 2006 model the price is about $1000 difference.
    My dealer said he was checking on getting me the 05 model

THANK YOU! ! ! !

6. CutApproved

from NJ

OSDOTE - Very good point, I was unaware of the additional seven inches you get on the trim side,, this must be very helpful.

This is why I asked,, I really don't think I will need the Super Z,,I would think the Super Mini would/should fit me just fine.

I have 4+ accounts that are a minimum of 1 acre,, one account thats close to 2 - 2 1/2, very large, another 1 1/2 arce property is a highend home, front yard has to be about 300 wide and 150ft deep,, back yard has a built in pool.

But as far as weight is concerned I'm guessing on one of the replies the SuperZ is much heavier than the Super Mini.. right?

I appreciate all your replies and I'm know waiting for the distributor (Frank N) to speak to my dealer about getting me an 05 model.

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Same seat.
    Hydros are larger than the Mini Z, but not he same as the Super Z.
    The Mini Z uses 10cc pumps.
    The Super Mini Z uses 16cc pumps.
    The Super Z uses 21cc pumps.

8. CutApproved

from NJ

What about the weight issue,, I hate to see wide tire tracks in a lawn(even though I always cut a diff direction each week.. would it matter much if I purchased the Super Z compared to the SuperMiniZ ?

tks

9. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

I just bought a new 52 Mini Z about a month ago. I was wondering if down the road it would be practical (or possible) to change to the larger pumps?

10. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

It does not look like either "mini" will have the new designed deck.