Buying mowing Accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ebr 1, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Ebr 1

Ebr 1 LawnSite Member

,I'm looking at buying accounts from some one is there a price you can put on a contract. 8 accounts totaling about 14,000 in sales. Just trying to added a few more accounts with out doing the foot work it must be worth something but how much. Thanks for any help.

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

It's all about the profit that the contracts will bring to you.
    Look at every job and price it out. See how that compares to what they are paying now.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly as said by PMLAWN look at evaluate and price them each out.Also make sure they are stable.Personaly I would do the footwork rather than buy somebodys jobs,it can run into headaches.Your really just paying your competition for jobs you could bid when he drops them.

4. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Where's the guarantee if you pay are these clients bound by contract what says they can't walk after the agreement is signed, if my clients found out i was no longer mowing they would begin looking for a new service and all i can do is recommend a new company, just something to think about before your shell out the money
    AK Lawn

5. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I pay for the first cut and the last cut per account, if some drop off then no biggie I dont pay for them