Buying my first zturn, asking for some help

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Mitchkrama, May 21, 2013.

1. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

What New England mowing season 15 weeks? :sleeping:

2. Grady1

Grady1 LawnSite Member

You do realize you're in the Homeowner section? The OP said he's a 1.5 acre property owner not "Scalp and screw lawn care." Apparently if he's looking to spend X amount $ on a ZTR he takes some pride in what his property looks like. Do you have cool season grass in OK? 30 times a year? That's a joke. I'm in the same zone as him. I am mowing my 1.2 acres of tf every 3-4 days @ 1"-1 1/2" each cut and that's with very little rain. #13 mow yesterday. Chit yards?, 30 times a year. True cool season turf LAWNS that people take pride in? Endless.

3. Mitchkrama

Mitchkrama LawnSite Member

Mowing season out here is roughly 7-8 months a year (from April to November or first snowfall on average). Although in the last 4-6weeks the grass can be cut every other week.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

True didn't realize I was in the home section. Didn't know all the details. So now that I know, I think he should take his two choices, flip a coin and that would be the one. If he says oh that one, best 2 out of three, than we know the one he wants.

5. Brules

Brules LawnSite Member

lol You guys up north are lucky and have REAL grass, not Bermuda Weed like we do down south lol......

6. Grady1

Grady1 LawnSite Member

Very true Mitch. I mowed for the 1st time this year, on April 15th, it snowed 3 days later. I mowed last year on Dec 3rd and I live I the snowbelt! Damn this turf lawn. :)

7. dieselscut

dieselscut LawnSite Member

While true an inexperienced operator will have a tendency to turf in turns using a wheel motor/pump unit. The transaxle units wont handle hills and by that I mean side hilling like independent wheel motors do. So if you plan on using around berms or side hilling be aware.