Buying New Equipement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SdM Landscaping, Feb 10, 2003.

1. SdM Landscaping

SdM Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a chance to buy the following equipment from a mower who is going out of business. I'm asking what you guys think of the equipement and how much it would be valued at? I am just starting out so it may seem like alot but it may be a good deal thanks in advanced
    the equipment is as followed:
    1) Emark turf tracer floating deck 23hp Kaw 60"
    1) Emark metro fixed deck 15hp Kaw 36"
    1) John Deere back pack bp40 I think
    2) kawasaki string trimmers
    1) kawasaki single sided hedge trimmer
    1) homelite back pack blower

the 60" is a hydro and the 36" is a belt.
    What is the value of this package?
    thanks
    Scott:)

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

how old is all this equipment & how many hours are on the mowers. thats really going to be the only way we can give you a ruff guess

3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Throw the HOME LIGHT blower away. I'd say if you paid $3,500 for it it would be a good deal. All you're really paying for is the two mowers. Unless the mowers are new you might have to pay a little more.

4. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Toss the homelite. Other than that how old is the equipment? Was it taken care of? How many hours? If the stuff is in good shape I would say anywhere between $3500-$4000 would be a good place to start. Good luck.

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I concur- 3500-4000 unless mowers are nearly new. Daveg

6. SdM Landscaping

thanks for the info so far.
    the mowers arent but a couple years old the guy only did it part time. the 36" i believe he said only has like 20hrs and was new last year. I planned on ditching the homelite blower. He wants $6500 is that too much? the 60" machine is that much new right?
    Thanks alot
    Scott

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I agree Homelite is good for nothing, had a couple of their products myself but I would still keep it just as a backup. If it runs it stays at my house. Well, lol i keep everything that doesn't run for parts. Backup equipment is a good thing even if it's cheap. You'll love the Kawasaki engines and 2 cycles. $6500 might not be too bad if it's all less than a couple years old and just used part time and in good shape. Yes I think the TT is around 6500 new, anyone verify this? The Metro is about $2200-2300 new here (does it have pistol or ECS grips? What about the TT?) The JD blower probably was at least $300 new. Trimmers probably at least $250. Hedge trimmer at least 250. I'm not real sure on these 2 cycle prices but these would be bottom line. Oh and the Homelite blower is about $99 new I beleive. I still hold with that although it's junk, keep it for a backup.
    The stuff new would've been at least $9949 new at the prices I mentioned if there was two trimmers. A good price for 2 cycles is half of new if they're in good shape and not too old. The Metro sounds like it's worth $1750+ and the TT depends on age and hours. Good size combination of mowers though.
    Good luck, and if you can get years, hours, and pics that would be nice. Check them out good, make sure they're well maintained and kept clean and repaired, etc.
    Eric

8. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

The John Deere backpack is worth atleast $6,500 alone!!!!!!!!

9. SdM Landscaping

The 36" has 15-20hrs on it and the 60" has 80hrs ..purchased in may or june of 2002. dont forget the 36" is belt and the 60" is dual hyrdo. he ordered them with the traditional grips. he has a sulky and one of those bull riders with 2 casters. This is all i have to add at the time.
    Thanks
    Scott

10. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

The TT 23/60 costs roughly $6300 + tax new. That is with the ECS grips. The 36" metro runs about $2200 + tax new. If they are like you say with less than 100 hrs on them, I saw snatch them up or someone else will. Sounds like a good deal.