1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buying new Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jimmyj810, Jun 30, 2004.

1. jimmyj810

jimmyj810 LawnSite Member

I am about to purchase a new Hustler Super Z with 52" cut and the Honda 24 HP motor. I have been quoted a price of $6400.00 plus tax. I live out in the boonies and cut a large yard. I currently use a 6' finishing mower with tractor and a 42" cut snapper. The Snapper is 11 years old and had been a super piece of equipment. Is this a good price and what has anyone's experiences been with the Super Z. I know the dealer and have done business with the saleman for many years. He has always done right by me. The only reason I can get the mower is because my wife thinks it is neat and she does most of the "mower" cutting while I am running the tractor and finishing mower. She has never really been happy with the Snapper. It is not the most menuverable(sp) ride out there. I am going to Gatlinburg, Tenn until the 4th and would appreciate comments to helt me confirm my decision.
  2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I would say that is a great price for a Super Z. Grab it.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I think you will find her to be doing about all the mowing once she sees how much faster she can cut with this unit compared to what she is using now.
    That is a good price and it is a great unit and very productive.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good price. You/she will be fighting over who gets to use it. It is a very solid machine, easy to maintain and great support (especially here).