Buying New Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJOHN22042, Feb 16, 2002.

Exmark or Scag

1. Scag

8 vote(s)
  2. Exmark

22 vote(s)
  3. Cry

6 vote(s)
  1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Buying a New Mower should I go with the Exmark Metro HP 48"
    or go with the Scag?:blob4: :blob4:
  2. plow kid

plow kid Banned

"or go with the scag" what kinda scag? rider/ walk behind, fixed /deck floating, belt/hydro

president bush microscope.jpg
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Talk about beating a dead horse!

I demo'd the scag, didn't like it. Demo'd the eXmark and loved it. Also, the factory guys are awesome at eXmark.
  4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Toro fixed deck 48. Same as Exmark but with a T bar which is easier to use. About the same price
  5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

demo and see which u like the best, everyone has there different favorites and each has there pros and cons.
  6. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two 48" Metro hps. I have had great success with them. I have read nothing but great things about Scag also. They are both good machines. If your choice is between the two, decide by price and dealer reputation. I dont think you will go wrong with either one.
  7. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im not trying to start an argument, but Plow Kid lighten up. Did it ever occur to you that you dont have to reply to repeat treads? Its one thing to cram the search feature down someones throat. But your pictures could easily be taken as an insult.
  8. augs dad

augs dad LawnSite Member

For you new folks to this site as I was a few weeks ago, believe these guys when they tell you to first use the search engine b4 making a post. I also just hopped on and started asking questions that they have answered a bazillion times b4. They aren't trying to blow you off or act "above it all". fact when they tell you to use the search engine you will find the answers you're looking for MUCH FASTER...I finally learned that.
    Sometimes you won't find exactly what you're searching for or you may not understand some things so then do a post to clarify...these are a great bunch of helpful folks...their advice is invaluable....Gary in PA
  9. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Wow Nate, your always tons of help, I can't find the reason for YOUR thread. Try to actually be helpful once and a while.

I've heard good and bad about Scag, actually more bad than good, but I've heard 90% great reviews on Exmark.