Buying new mowers in a few hours! READ ASAP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roeslandscaping, Sep 27, 2012.

1. roeslandscaping

roeslandscaping LawnSite Member

im going in a few hours to get some new mowers. i talked to the dealership yesterday and they are going to sell me a 2012 exmark lazer z x-series demo w/180 hrs. and a brand new 2012 turf tracer 52''. They said they throw in a ocdc for lazer. all for around 17,000$. am i getting a good deal? or should i wait till spring?

2. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

I dont think its a good deal. at least not in my area . Yours may be different . A good deal woukd be 15_16
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're in good shape financially, and that's really what you want and need, then get it. Personally, for my situation, and the time of year, i'd wait.

4. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

While those are both awesome mowers, you could probably get them for 1-2k less than that. Then again I am not too sure on prices for the X series Lazer z, the same Turf Tracer I was quoted $7,750 for new from my dealer, not sure on the prices for them where you are.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Same here.

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

That might be a decent deal in the spring but not this time of year.

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Man, every one of you guys done busted his bubble. He was all stoked up to go and get new mowers to play on now y'all have him second guessing. :laugh: :laugh:

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Hope that price includes tax, everything full of fuel, and a couple free trimmers!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Print these posts out and take them to the dealer and tell him if he wants your business he'd better come down on his price, NOW!!! It will let him know that he's not the only show in town (he may be, but don't let him know that).

10. catpride22

catpride22 LawnSite Member

If you havnt made this purchase yet i would never buy a demo and one with 180 hrs that things almost dead.