Buying New WB's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagguy, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking about selling my 21" Snappers in favor of the Toros'. But, before I do that, I'd like some opinions from other folks who operate Toros' and other brands. The 2 things that I'm looking for is quality of cut and Vacuum power.

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had good luck with cub cadet wb's I have a 52" 17hp kaw and its the best wb I've ever owned. Best thing to do is go to your nearest dealers and try some out and see which feels the best to you if your going to be operating it

3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Are you talking about the Toro 21" mowers or bigger?

You want come across another mower that will have the suction of the snapper 21" but you can get pretty close.

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro 21's are great. 7 years and still going strong.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Try a commericial Honda sometime.....it is the only unit that we can get to bag wet rye grass in the winter. We have 5 21" commericial Snappers and they sit idle most of the winter.

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used both. Snappers have the higer vac & nicer finish. The tor self propelleds I had for years were the ones w/ the never die suzuki 2-strokes. Each has its place. Currently I have 2 crappy lawn boys, but we rarely use trim mowers and they get more beat up from other equipment bouncing into them on the trailer than they do worn out to use. I still prefer the snappers w/ the steel wheels & ball bearings... they push real easy & leave a great finish cut.

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive had my Toro 36 wb since my 1st yr in the biz...going on 5yrs old...used it as my main mower for two years, then only in smaller areas.

Its tough, cuts nice and is reliable...as far as vacuum power, I can only compare it with my Toro Z and my Toro 21's....it has much mower than a 21 and much less than a Z.

I will buy another when this one wears out.

8. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I have used everything out there. I have used a snapper when there has been snow on the ground. Hands down Snapper has the best suction out of any mower out.

That being said, for home use I have a Honda HRC216HXA.