buying online

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by evergreenedmond, Mar 21, 2006.

1. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I've been getting a lot of catalogs for mail order parts for equipment. I've always bought from local guys before and was a little curious about the best places to buy from or if they are even worth the trouble

2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

What "places" are you refering to? Some are good and I'm sure others are not. Tell us what you're looking at...

3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i like j-thomas for agtermarket parts

4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

5. evergreenedmond

6. wissel_landscaping

from ohio

i get mowmore also i never ordered from them i think on most stuff mowtown has a better price.

7. evergreenedmond

thanks wissel I just pulled that website up & it is quite a bit cheaper than mowmore. Have you done much business with them before?

8. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Hey how ya doing?

Yeh I just got the same catolog and was fumbling through it before I cheked out this site. I was wondering the same thing. I do know I was looking at the blades for my walker in there and although it was about half the price from the OEM, the blades were not very thick. But kind of wonder about some of the other things.

9. wissel_landscaping

from ohio

yes i order just about everything i need from mowtown, i ordered a few sets of blades on a monday afternoon received them wednesday morning. very fast shipping.

10. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

Mow More Catalog #: GR10744 Category: V-Belts-Grasshopper/Woods
    Grasshopper/Woods GR10744 Belt
    Product Name: Replaces O.E.M. #382085. 61" Mule Drive Belt - Mid Mount Deck w/Diesel-OEM.
    Price: $45.99

i just paid 36.00 for the same belt at www.j-thomas.com