buying out accounts from quiting lco

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kings of Green LLC, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Kings of Green LLC

Kings of Green LLC LawnSite Member

I have seen two ads on craigslist this week of guys getting out of the buisness and im sure alot will be after the past winter and now this horrible summer. What are your guys thoughts on running my own ad asking to purchase lawns from the guys quitting? Seemes heartless but where will those customers go ( probably to my compatition)and the lco can recovery some of his losses aswell. Just a thought!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Contact them about purchasing their accounts. Have him sign a non-compete so you don't get screwed. They might want to sell as a package deal, but you never know until you call and ask.

3. Kings of Green LLC

Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kings of Green LLC

Im thinking of just running an ad asking if any one wants to recoop some of their losses this summer by sellinh some of there accounts jyst an idea
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I've thought of that, but I've seen two average sized lawn care guys go out of business the last 2 years. Each time I could see the writing on the wall and was tempted to offer to take some customers but did not. Turns out, if you are dependable and have a good reputation, clients will come to you anyways. I was always friendly to my "competition" and one guy actually recommended us in his cancellation letter to his customers. Didn't cost me a dime. I have picked up more work from other lcos who haven't stuck with it, than from my regular advertising. lol

7. Kings of Green LLC

Posted via Mobile Device

8. Kings of Green LLC

I think in late september.or october after they get overseedin is when they wiil begin to sell. I say they but it might be me!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I run an ad a few days ago on CL asking to buy mowing accounts in my area. Not the first email from it yet. I check daily for others posting they want out.

10. Kings of Green LLC

Are you in topeka area?
    Posted via Mobile Device