1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

buying parts in volume

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mrmoweratl, Feb 7, 2013.

1. mrmoweratl

mrmoweratl LawnSite Member

everyone I am curious if others are doing this or not.
    I just received a preseason sale flyer from my parts supplier and they have edger blades for 49 cents and Oregon lawn mower blades for a unheard of price. then for icing on the cake they are offering 6 months same as cash

So I am wondering do you buy a 6 month supply on the terms and save or just enough to get me by for the first part of season

I think this would be a great savings but do you buy parts on terms?????
  2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I never buy parts on terms, buying ahead of the season is great if funds are available. I keep a decent sized inventory of belts, filters, spark plugs, oil filters, etc. I always buy motor oil when it's on sale, usually the maximum amount the store will let me, typically 6 cases. 49 cents is a good deal for edger blades, where is this from?
  3. mrmoweratl

Not sure if your allowed to say names but hope I don't get in trouble. Mowtownusa.com
    Free shipping to
  4. Rick Grantham

Rick Grantham LawnSite Member

I agree with Lbilawncare. Its all about cashflow. If you have the cash to sustain you and you have a reliable income stream for the next 6 months or so, then it sounds like a good idea. But it would be a bad idea for someone who had low cash and an unreliable sales forecast.

5. mrmoweratl

Thanks Rick
    Since we start Clean ups and then cuttings cash flow should be good I understand your thought and again thank you for your input I guess I a trying to figure out something like this sounds so good What I am missing when I looked at how much I bought last year and the prices I would save over 1000.00