1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buying Redmax Blowers Online?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Pallas, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I had read on a website that Redmax insn't allowing their products to be sold by distributors online. Can anyone verfiy whether this is true or not? Thanks.

If it's not true, where's the website for the best EB4300 price?
  2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There are some that carry Red Max blowers...
  3. Jason Pallas

I kmow that they advertise them on the websites - but, do they actually sell them? Or when you order do they give you the run-around?
  4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know about that...I guess you should try...
  5. Hello Everybody:

Almost none of your better Outdoor Power Equipment is allowed to be sold online at all by any of the Manufactures now. A fact!

Why, because the Manufactures will be selling their products online soon themselves!

They don't want any competition.

The people doing it now are breaking their dealer agreement, most all of your better Equipment must be taken out of box & serviced out by someone that is Factory Trained.

Half of all Power Equipment Dealers will go under when the Manufactures start selling online. This is one reason a lot of them have attitudes now & LOL they haven't even figured out it's comming yet.

Already the numbers of Outdoor Power Equipment Dealers is dropping every year. :-(

Hey when the Manufactures start selling on line. Guess how good of Warranty Service you are going to get?

You buy Equipment on line, do you think the Dealer is going to listen to you talk about the unit for 15 minutes, you want it done now not next week & they jump on it, spend another 15 minutes adjusting your carb, then fill out warranty & wait on check for $12 3 months later. Go figure out that one for yourselves.

LOL, they going to charge you at least $30 & you just thank God they did it for you when they felt like it.

Maybe they fix it on the spot for $50, it's only fair they get that, look at their investment.

It's coming to an area near you soon! But don't worry the cost of equipment will drop (LOL maybe 10%) & Labor will skyrocket.
  6. Jason Pallas

I probably will - we had a blower ripped off last week from my crew. Damm guys pulled up in a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - one ran up to the truck and grabbed the EB431 and ran down the block to the car (which was slowly creeping down the block). We saw him (only about 2 seconds too late) I sprinted after him and missed grabbing the A@#$@$le by about 3 strides. We've had stuff ripped off before - but I've never seen it. Made me real mad - got a partial licsence plate # and filed a police report (they were real helpful - sent about 6 cars out right away to try to head the thieves off). Just wish I would've caught the SOBs - I'd still be beating on them now if I did. Scumbags!!!
    Thanks - I'll probably try ALAMIA.
  7. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I bought my Redmax Blower from Alamia last yearmar 2000.
    Had no trouble with it so far.