1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Buying tablets and software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by guitarman2420, Oct 27, 2013.

1. guitarman2420

guitarman2420 LawnSite Senior Member

Have made the decision to invest in technology. Looking to buy tablets for myself, the owner; the landscape designer; and my operations manager. Other crew leader will have smartphone. iPad or Android? I am also looking for software package that will incorporate design, work order management, and billing, etc. Presently using quick books
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

iPad hands down. Do your research.

3. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

4. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

There are pro's and cons to both tablets. I would start on the software side and see what you want to run to do the tasks you need then see what they will run on.

5. guitarman2420

Has anyone used Pro Landscape?

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We started using Hindsite software http://hindsitesoftware.com/ earlier this year. It is for scheduling, work orders in the field, and invoice/sales receipt uploads to QB. Absolutely love it!!! I have 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" tablets for us, plus I can use it on my Android based phone.

7. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape pro is great software if you have the budget. Dynascape is even better but the learning curve is HUGE with dynascape that is even bigger than the HUGE price tag. Anyways so to run off on a tangent, landscape pro is one of the best softwares out there for what you want to do. I don't think it does anything with routing maintenance but design, work orders for install, invoicing, estimation, and etc is stream lined with it...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. guitarman2420

Can you use it for normal maintenance work orders, etc?

9. guitarman2420

Also, for Quickbooks Professional Users: Have you had good luck customizing it for landscaping use? What are the drawbacks or limitations?

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Not yet but researching it for next season, we'll run it on tablets and android phones.