Buying tablets and software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by guitarman2420, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Lets put the cart behind the horse. Find software that meets your needs the best and then decide what devices that software needs to run on. Ours only runs on android for example.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

DM - is your business primarily sprinklers? We have 3 divisions (sprinkler, landscape and turf care) we need to schedule - sprinkler scheduling is the rock in our shoe right now. Currently using qxpress and have been looking into hindsite.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, 100% sprinkler maintenance, no installs. HS works like a charm. I used QX for a few years, and this is WAY better. Takes time to get used to it, and to set up all the services, parts, prices, etc. But I love it. Takes away most of the work in the office, for typing in all the invoices and sales receipts from the field. Very glad I switched.

4. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

We did the same thing a couple years ago. We went with android as they are cheaper and If we beat one up in the field it won't be a $500 loss. Use Locqus for our software, free and easy to use!

5. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

Have you made a switch at all?

6. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Have not switched yet.

We are in the process of upgrading all of our hardware (server, workstations etc) and decided to wait until 1/15 to switch software.

The office is looking at hindsite, realgreen and evergreen. We may stay with QX if they can help get the sales tax problem with prepay letters fixed.