1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buying trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Matt Hermann, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Matt Hermann

Matt Hermann LawnSite Member

Suonds like it may be a little tight for all your equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Matt Hermann

As long as I can fit 2 of the mowers an a bunnch of green barrels I should be set. I've just never bought a trailer before so im not sure if price is right he wants a grand..or anything wrong/seems wrong with the trailer
  4. wvaughn7

wvaughn7 LawnSite Member

Well I will tell you that here a good 7x16 tandem axle trailer can be bought for that kind of money if you look hard enough. We only paid $600 for one that needed a new floor which cost us $140. I think he is asking too much, but your area may be different. Look around and see what everything else in the same category is going for.
  5. Matt Hermann

Yeah, it's about same price as most others that size. I'm only looking for single axle and 6x12, not looking for anything too big
  6. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

The width is the most important thing in my opinion. it sucks climbing over mowers to get one thing.
  7. Matt Hermann

anyone else?
  8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 7x12 that I put a 48" walk behind, 21" mower, blower, weed eater and edger on. Seems like I always have to unload everything just to get to the walk behind. It is fine for hauling my quads but not really efficient for work. You can purchase a new trailer that size at Home Depot/Lowes for a couple hundred $ more.
  9. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

My trailer is a 6'4" (inside) X 14' (inside).

NO WAY I could get two ZTR's on it. I can't get my ZTR and my ATV on it (neither will fit, sideways). I do carry a 36"WB a 21" and the ZTR, easily, though.

My ZTR is 80" (pretty sure). 80+36+52= 168/12= 14'.

52+36+52= 140"/12= 11'8"+

Whatcha think?
  10. Matt Hermann

Since this has got the two gates, i think it will work out good with the 32 wb or the 46 rider comming off, rather than unloading everything