Buying trimmers/blowers online

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SSS 18734, Mar 19, 2007.

1. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

Has anyone purchases used tools on e-bay before from sellers like these guys? http://stores.ebay.com/Jewels-and-Tools-697

They seem to get good feedback, but where are they getting their used trimmers/blowers? Would you purchase them in my situation?

I'm only going to be mowing for 5 more months before I go to college, (I have about 18 clients) but I'd really like to replace my homeowner stuff with something commercial grade - but I'd rather not spend over $600 on something I'll only use for 5 months.

Opinions?

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Never used them before but then again I generally don't purchase used equipment online, you just never can tell what your getting with used equipment that you can't look over and test.

If you want to purchase new equpiment online try these guys:
    www.alamia.com

Usually everything is shipped FREE of charge. I purchased my aerater from them several years ago and was really happy with the service.

3. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

IMO, don't buy anything used off the internet, your just buying someone else's problems. also the only thing you have to go off of on it is a pic and someones word, if you can't try it out first never buy used.

I personally won't buy anything used, for before mentioned reasons and and new stuff has a warranty :)

*note* i did not look at the thread you posted, i'm not commenting on them. just used tuff in general.

4. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i've only bought from craigslist, so i have the opportunity to go to sellers house and check out the equipment...got one of my w/b from there

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah www.alamia.com is a good internet company to deal with. I just got in my new trimmers and another blower from them last week and shipping was free and their prices are the best online. My trimmers fired right up and so did the blower and the prices were alot cheaper than my dealer. They have the best prices I have seen anywhere online and their service is great and I would highly reccomend them. I buy alot from my dealer but the deals and service you get with alamia are hard to beat. They have the same Toro Z online that my dealer has and the price is $7,495 and my dealers best price was $9,000 for the same model 60" 28hp.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Really? This internet company comes out and services your equipment when it breaks down? They must spend alot of money to fly their techs out to customer's locations.

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I buy and sell online all the time, but only new equipment. It doesn't matter if you don't buy it from you local dealer. If they are a factory store then they will honor the service on a new machine. I can save alot by buying online, and thats why I do it. You just have to make sure you send in the warrantee card for new stuff when you get it.