1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buying used Exmark ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frank2, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

I am trying to buy a used but practically new exmark Lazer. It is a 2003 60" w/ 25hp kawasaki motor. The guy only has 125hrs on the machine and has a three bag ultravac on it that was used a couple of times. He is asking $9000 for it.
    I was going to buy a new lazer, but i figured i could save a couple of thousand by buying this.
    Anything I should look out for and is that a good price w/ the ultravac???
  2. dem

dem LawnSite Member

I am kicking myself for letting a 2003 Z 60" 27hp w/ ultra go. It was on ebay and went for 7800!!!! That was a steal... Only 22 hrs...

I have seen lots of 2003 w/ less than 100 hrs 60" w/ 27 Kohlers going for around the 7K mark, add the 2K for the ultra and you get to 9K..
  3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Its a fair price, not an awsome deal, but fair, if it is in excellent shape, an the bags dont have any holes in them.. It is still under warranty, so you should be ok...

I would just rather spend the extra grand an get a new one with the uv...The dealer should kick in extras, like blades, oil, filters,etc...Then you build a repore with the dealer.....

If he would take $7500 cash, then it is a good buy. Wave a bunch of c notes in front of his face, an see if he bites...
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I just priced a new 2004 Lazer with 27 Kohler for $7200 and vac is $1900. So in my opinion.. it's not a great deal. I say $7000 tops.
  5. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

I would check to see if the warrenty is transferable as most OEM's are not
  6. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark transfers warranties. The mower here would run around 8700 and the Ultra Vac 2100 so its a good deal but I would offer 8500 tops to see if he bites:rolleyes:

MY PUPPY LawnSite Member
    from mass.

I would say $8500 is a good deal.