buying wholesale plants

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by josh84, Jan 17, 2004.

1. josh84

josh84 LawnSite Member

I'm interested in being able to buy plants from wholesale nurseries. I believe you have to have a resell license but I'm not sure what else. I live in georgia, if any one can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks josh84

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I buy all my plants from a wholesale nursery. Nothing is required for me.

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

All that i have seen is required may be perhaps a business card at the first initial sale to the nursery. If you want to be on a wholesale account, then you need to fill out the credit application.

4. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

In my area you must have a business checking account with your business name on your checks and fill out credit app.

5. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Go to your states website and search for required licenses for landscapers. In my state you must have a nursery stock license in order to be allowed to buy plants wholesale. Its only a fifty dollar fee. The reason I think they require it is so they know if you keep any of the stuff you buy stocked so in case they want to check and see if you have any diseased plants they have your address on file to come out and check. Plus the state needs all the money it can get.

6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

checking account and insurance

7. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

The only thing I've needed around here was to pay with a business check and once in a while a business card also.