Buying Yards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

I have a freind with 19 yards and he is getting out of the biz, they gross about 20000.00 per year. I don't need them but would consider buying them for my other crew, what would be fair price to bargin with. They are not on contracts.

P.S.--Please no smartellic-USE THE SEARCH FEATURE-post!!!LOL!!

2. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

My .02 is to not buy the accounts but purchase the equipment, and give a resonable amount (i.e. 2-4 weeks lawn cuts to the seller with the contigency that the customers sign you as thier LC provider.) Also have the previous owner introduce you to the customers one by one and state the reason for the change. This gives the customer a warm fuzzy hopefully so you can continue maint on thier property.

If you don't need the equipment. Walk away from the deal.

From what I've read here it always bites you in the rear to purchase accounts from another LCO. most customers dont sign with you.

Just my .02 worth. Sorry if it don't seem to be worth it.

3. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I have more than enough equipment to service them, already have over 100 accunts and growing, always adding more.

Appreciate the input, You were were the one the joking comment was aimed at.

4. So?

You still have the info.

And you got what you asked for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gheee and some of the titles of the threads were exactly the same with the answers you were looking for. There were more.

As with them not being contracts, I wouldn't buy them.

5. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

Wow LGF!! You are really trying to get your point across!!:D

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Mike,

I may be off base, but it seems to me that you are getting a litte testy about this search feature thing.

Believe me, the search feature is a great tool that we have. But we can't let members, especially newcomers, perceive that as soon as they ask a question, we are going to jump down their throats and say USE THE SEARCH!!!

Let's face it. Most topics have been discussed here sometime in the past. A little searching, a little questioning, a little posting, all help make a good forum. A stagnate forum will get us nowhere.

So to all New Members: Welcome aboard, and please do not hesitate to ask or offer your input here also.

7. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Ya think?!? ;)

8. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with 1MajorTom. :D

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto ;-> ..... this is a fourm ....yes with a search feature .... as topic's get repeated ..... we can always Not reply

this is going to be a touchy one ....opinions will vary ...but remember you are NOT buying yards or even contracts ....you paying for the opportunity to provide service ....in which the client may or may not desire for you to continue

so good COMUNCATION is necessary to make this work …the Client must know what’s up ….n you Must have the ability to present yourself with confidence & ability to perform …..after all what does the customer want ….good & consistent service …..around here rates are generally 2 months

lot of people going to say NO ….but it’s really up to you & where you want to be & a certain amount of Risk is envolved

cut n paste ....funny how answers vary from one to the other ;->

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.