buying ztr narrowed down to 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fastcut, Aug 16, 2001.

1. fastcut

fastcut LawnSite Member

First of all been a member now for about a month now and just want to say this a great site. I have learned quite abit in just a month. Anyway, I have had a small lawn care business now for about 12 years and thinking of expanding next year. I have been a one man show and I'm going to up grade my 12 year old scag 52 belt drive to a ztr. It seems just about every body on this site likes there lazer z, but I really like what the hustlers z have to offer. I plan on demoing both this fall and making my purchase in the spring. The only problem I have with the hustler is that my closest dealer is 3 hrs away. I have allready talked to the dealer and they have know problem bringing a demo up to me to try. If I was smart I should go with the lazer z since there is about 3 dealers within 45 min of me. My gut feeling is that i think I'm going to like the hustler. Am I crazy to buy from a dealer that is 3 hrs away or should I stay close to home? I am very mechically inclined so If I did have a problem I could fix any problem my self. UPS is overnite to me anyway so getting parts would be no problem. Thanks for any input. Fastcut
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You will know after your demo if it is worth buying from a dealer that far away. Demoing is the best way to see which machine is best for you. ;)
  3. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with eric...have fun with your new mower;)
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I REALLY LIKE THE HUSTLER,but i really like the lazer too,
    believ id go lazer here. think you will be happy either way though.
  5. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a Land Pride dealer close by? Same machine differnt name.