1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

by hand or truckloader

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by selnoil, Mar 21, 2004.

1. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Hi Guys, New to the site picked up tons of info. Decided on an insert based on the sites input.

1.Do most of you guys load your trucks by hand or truckloader?

I am going to get a Little Wonder Truckloader at some point. Some of the local guys use the truckloader even to load the grassclippings.

2.What your thoughts??

GLS, nice looking truck, I like the newer wheels on it!! I'm probably going to copy your side boards but wonder if they will work OK using the truckloader when I get it? Will probably make a removable top.

3.Does anyone have pictures of a truck box they use on an insert? How did you put the top vent?

Sorry if these question have been asked b-4 but I'm still learning the site. Havn't figured out how to look in the past post easily yet.

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search, you will find others

dsc01269.jpg

3. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

ksland, what did you use for mash? I'm not clear on how to do a wide search?

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Fresh grass clippings do not load good with a truck loader, the wetter they are the harder they move. I use my loader mostly for fall cleanups.

Gene

5. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Gene,

What size truck loader do you have that it won't pick up wet grass clippings?

6. gene gls

I have a Lesco 16 HP.
    Gene

7. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

That's interesting. I'll have to test out our 16HP Billy Goat truck loader with the wet grass. Just bought it this year. Seems if my shoe isn't tied tight enough it would suck that thing clear off my foot.

Thanks for the reply.

8. gene gls

It will suck the grass up but its not fast or easy. Its a pain to have the loader with you all the time just to pick up grass.I can fork it on the truck faster than the loader will pick it up.

Gene

9. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Thanks Gene.

I don't intend to use the truck loader for any type of grass pickup (well, maybe thatch). Although, it's good to know in case something comes up.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Go to the red Search button near the top of the page. Type in something like "leaf box" or "venting leaf box".

That should get you started. There are several threads with helpful pics, including pics of venting the top.

good luck.