by hand or truckloader

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by selnoil, Mar 21, 2004.

1. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Thanks,
    Sounds like many of you guys load the grass clippings into the truck by hand?

what seems to be the least labor/time, with a pitch fork or by other means?

2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

dump it out of the bagger, right into the back of the truck.. If I'm bagging a large property, dump the grass on a tarp, when its full, hook the tarp up to the back of the Z and tow it to the truck..

Very simple.. Pitch forks are best for "shoveling" clippings.. Or the really big poly shovels.

3. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input!!!

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

michaeconstantine:

I use a 5 tine manure fork with a long handle.

DJC:

The big problem I have had with the grass clippings is that they settle about half way up the 10' section of suction hose. Then when you shake the hose to get them moving it will suck up a big glob and all but stall the motor or want to clog the upper pipe. If you use a short hose then they should suck up a lot better. I havn't bothered to try a short hose. Also, with a loader you need the body inclosed which will be a big pain when you need to through in tree limbs and sticks. I end up with a mixed load most every day.

Gene

5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Ijust use a mesh tarp on the top.

insert 1.jpg

6. Boston

Boston LawnSite Member

my box has been used now for 3 years from spring to winter grass is no problem 11 hp billygoat loader i solved all problems with packing & there is allmost no leaking from small partacles
    will hold aprox 100,000 sqfeet of grass clippings

my box_edited.jpg

7. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Hey Boston,
    Great looking box! How is it fabricated?? Looks like aluminum trailer siding outlined with aluminum angle iron. Is you top hinged? What did you do for structural support and mesh on the top?
    Sorry for all the questions but your box looks nice, like the way I'd like to have one.

Mike

8. Boston

Boston LawnSite Member

thanks Mike I cant give you all the details yet but yes alluminium frame panel construction solid top vented & top opens, 300 lbs does not dedicate truck allows bulk loading

9. Boston

Boston LawnSite Member

this was not cheap to build but i havent had to do any thing but put it in & wash it once a week

10. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

nice job, you should sell them!!!!!