Bye Bye Peltors headphones,,,,,

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by gilatplc, Jun 21, 2007.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Hello mp3 player, I TIRED of these junkie head phone that don't work , hardly keep a station in toune!!!
    Now I'm trying a new set of Insignia mp3 player that has a FM radio built in to it.
    Now I would like to know for those of you who already have something like this is what is out there for noise canceling headset to complement this device.

Thanks Gil

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I hear you there.

Worktunes suck, reception is spotty and they leave a nice wet ring of sweat around your ears. Not to mention they give me a headache from clamping on my head all day.

Ipod for me now, all the time.

3. Gimp

Gimp LawnSite Member
    from Houston

What headphones do you use?

4. fiveoboy01

Shure in-ear headphones. They seal to the ear canal and block the noise out. Pricey at 100 plus bucks for the pair, but they sound great.

5. PowerEquipmentWarehouse

PowerEquipmentWarehouse LawnSite Member

6. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. fiveoboy01

Those look cool.

My biggest issue with the worktunes was crummy reception and commercials.

8. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have to say ebay has some nice prices on head phone that are noise canceling,
    Which one's are best for picking up station I also know the wire that connects them is also the antenna, and for noise?

Thanks
    Gil

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike,

I have been meaning to call you and ask; do you think that the Quiet-tunes by Elvex are better than the Peltors, or are they roughly the same as the Work-tunes?

Thanks,

Tim

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i use basic ear protection with a set of ear plugs that run to my razr. works good and i don't have to worry about any added weight due to battiers and bending the antenna.