Bye Bye Triton.....................

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cigarcop, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I purchased a new 60" Exmark with the new Triton deck two weeks ago and I'm glad to say the dealer took it back no hassle. I'll be getting a Scag with the velocity deck.
    I have all exmark equipment and am very satisfied, but that new mower dosen't discharge at all, if I have to double cut every yard to get rid of the clippings I'll certainly be losing money. I will say that it cut nice but it also had many draw backs as far as I'm concerned. My Ultra cut decks will throw clippings almost two and a half rows. The Triton with the chute open all the way only one row.....no good. Thank god I have a great dealer!!!!

2. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Just curious, why didn't you close the baffle if you wanted to throw the clippings farther?

3. D and H Seasonal Services

D and H Seasonal Services LawnSite Member
    from SE, Pa

who is your dealer??

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhh, Another UNSATISFIED TRITON CUSTOMER....................

5. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Not anymore!!!!!!!!

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

even my trivantage deck will discharge 2.5 rows easy!!

7. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

You won't be disappointed with the Scag. Just be sure to get enough power. IMHO, the 27 Kohler was underpowered.

I just got the 35hp/61" deck. Very happy camper indeed! :)

A

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Trivantage deck sounds good but remember there are alot of 05 Exmarks still on the sales floor with the Ultra Cut. You should be able to bargin with last years models. Or the Hustler. I think Exmark will fix the problems but they sure are quiet about it. I know my mower will throw clippings at least 3 deck withs on a dry day.

9. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I never buy a new or redesigned product the first year. Wait a year for the bugs to be worked out and then buy it if it works okay.

10. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

what is the deal with throwing clippings "far". I guess that is supposed to be better for dispersal? Not always tho, I have a Hustler that throws very far, and mows beautifully, but my Walker side discharge does not throw far at all, and it mows beautifully. If it is wet, the Walker actually does a better job, because it will not clump like the faster tip speed, far throwing Hustler deck (54 W/B).