Byer wb info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plateau lawn care, Jan 20, 2005.

1. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Anyone ever heard of a Byer mower. It is a comm wb hydro and all its older but I have never seen it and cant find anything on it. Friend of the family was trying to sell one after an unfortunate accident.

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

If you mean Byres Gold, they went out of buisness a few years ago.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a google search for Byers, and Byers Gold. I didn't find anything. Good luck.

4. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

I have one. If the price is right and you can fix your own mower buy it. Most parts seem to be use on other mowers. So you just have to pull the part go to a good parts dealer and they will match it up. There design is keep it simple stuped. I will have to say the deck could use a better design to throw the grass better with less build up.

The only thing is mine is belt drive. A hydro one I would have to test it and it would have to be a real good deal.

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Byers Gold nugget 36" belt drive Kohler 14hp I bought new in 96 for $1300. Son of a gun still gets a lot of use. At one time I only had it and a 60" rider and the Byers racked up a LOT of hours then & never let me down. Like Camper said, it built simple, but tough. In my opinion, it would be great for a second mower and if its a 36" you can use it in fenced back yards. I dont know how many hours mine has (No hour meter), but Im sure its well over 1500 hours