1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Byers Gold?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlomb72, Oct 18, 2002.

1. dlomb72

dlomb72 LawnSite Member

Does anybody know anything about the Byers Gold walk behinds? There is a guy with one for sale for $1150. It is a 48" Hydro machine that is 4 years old. If you have some info about the reputation of these mowers, please give me a holler.

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the same model you are talking about some years ago.
    I paid 2000.00 new and it did an ok job of cutting, with minimal problems. I had a hard time getting replacement parts for it because they told me that the company is out of business. I did find some of the parts at landscaper supply though. It lasted me 3 years. The levers that you pull in to go farward,stop, and reverse are really tight. My hands and arms would be hurting on the long cutting days.
    Four years old- might have a lot of hours on it also, does it have an hourmeter.
    All in all, I think it is too much to pay for a mower that only cost me 2000.00 new. And the replacement parts might be hard to come by.

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member