Byers Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Birddog Lawncare, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Birddog Lawncare

Birddog Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Does anyone have any experience with these mowers. I just purchased a 36' WB Byers Gold for $500 that's in excellent shape with low hours. It's been used strictly as a back up mower for the guy that bought it new. I did a search and didn't find too much useful info. Any true experiences would be appreciated.

2. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

The last time I saw a Byers Gold mower was down in Louisville at the EXPO probably 8-9 years ago. I believe there is some relationship between Byers and the Black Rock mower. Don't know too much about them just know that it has been quite a few years since the Byers has been made.

mowingmachine

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I was thinking they might have been in cahoots with Bunton? They look similar anyway. I THINK David Haggerty on here has a 36" Byers (correct me if I am wrong). Search under the welding forum on here for "Byers" I beleive he had made a couple things for it. May have been someone else.

4. Hmmnbird71

Hmmnbird71 LawnSite Member

:cry: Hello, searching for a friend... he is looking for a "Owners Manual" to a Byers Gold Lawn tractor- any idea where I could find that???? Would appreciate any info you have! Thanks , 'birdIt is Model #48Z18KO, Serial 9603125476.

5. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The only place in existance that will have anything for the Byers Gold line will be Landscape Supply. They bought out all the parts from Byers when they went out of buisness. If they don't have it you won't find it.

6. Hmmnbird71

Hmmnbird71 LawnSite Member

Thnaks alot...will try there. 'bird

7. Had a Byers 52" once, happiest day was when I got rid of it.