byweekly

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gardiner, May 22, 2008.

1. gardiner

gardiner LawnSite Member

lets say you do a smaller property thats goes for around $40.00 weekly . and the home owner was asking about you only cutting the lawn byweekly. do you cut it byweekly for 40 or do you raise the price up ? i been telling my customers that if i only cut the lawn byweekly it like time and a half.. if it a 40 weekly cut then its 60 byweekly.. so far i been getting away with it .. and it seeem like the ones that want it byweekly always want me to catch the clippings.. am i the only one that charges like this ? or should i charge double the weekly price ?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

80 bucks. they will then find a fool to do it for less.dont be that fool:nono:

3. SOS Landscaping

SOS Landscaping LawnSite Member

i hate byweeklys, more then less they end up turning into oh well with the drought the grass hasnt grown much come this day, then its theyll call when they want the lawn cut. If its working for you great, just watch out how many byweeklys you start adding into your schedule

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Let the people that cannot afford to feed there family's with there full time jobs be the bottom feeders. Dont lower yourself.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I have no problem with cut length intervals. How often I stop by depends on various conditions affecting the growth of the lawn, and normally I can determine this but I allow the customer to give me their input as well... Sometimes and just as often as not we either agree 100% and there are times it turns out the customer knows best, so be it.

I only have a problem when someone wants me to wait longer between cuts than I think, and not because I want to disagree with them for the novelty of disagreeing but because I know dang well that crap's about to grow up to my knees in that time.

Once that happens those customers can be educated, politely, as to the needs of the lawn, the cost of maintaining it, and so on. This usually tends to work out, hopefully to our mutual benefit.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I charge more for bi-weeklys. You are about right, time and a half.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Our experience is bi-weekly people are trying to save money and they are simply not going to pay more long term.

8. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

More growth, more debris, creative scheduling, why would you not charge more?:dizzy:

Hire me to do your dishes, I would rather do them this week and next week rather than do 2 weeks worth of dishes all at once.

9. Turfrific

Turfrific LawnSite Member

I'm just starting out and thats all i got so far. i charged him the same, i plan on showing up every 9th to 10th day. he will go for this because i didn't show it up the whole week from when i said i would. he got real nervous that i might never show haha.

10. ferris_1972

ferris_1972 LawnSite Member

I think it all depends on wether or not the lawn is a bi weekly lawn or is the lawn a weekly lawn they expect you to cut every 14 days. If it is a true bi weekly then yes i think time and a half is good. If it is a weekly cut they are trying to save money on then pass them on to the next guy.