1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

C&S time machine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Nov 1, 2006.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Okay, lets talk about other machines out there.

Anyone know of this company? C&S turf, they have been making ride on spreaders for ever. I used one back in the 80's. They have a smaller machine called the time machine

I look at one a few years back at NEgrows. I really wanted to talk with some end users of the machine. But I got a deal on a used ultra, that I couldn't pass up (thanks Mark!) so I took one year off from thinking about buying new equipment.

So anyone use one of these, or know of someone?
  2. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

hey Cormier, wassup dude?

the time machine....man i think it is definately worthy of discussion. Every time i see one in an ad or at a trade show i feel it is probably one of the better machines out there... design wise.

But...i'm this close to going back to spraying lawns with a hose. In my opinion (i know not everyone will agree....i dont care) spraying gives the best results. I'm thinking of going with Gregson Clark's injection system.
    Personally, I'd rather see better results doing a few less lawns per day rather than driving some machine that will get more lawns per day done...but not get the results i'm looking for.

Ken Reis

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

never seen one in person only on the net
  4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

They are at the ne grows show every year but their booth is always quiet?
  5. I largely agree with you.

When I sprayed Momentum by hand at .5 gallons/1k sqft, the control was much better then when I went to the PG and sprayed .25 gallons over the same area. Same amount of active ingredient, but not the same results.

I now use a more expensive weed control product to get close to the same results I got when I sprayed by hand. It is a net gain because I save time.

I think the key is the volume of carrier. If the PG or the Time Machine or any other machine sprayed at .5 gallons per 1k then I think it would work as well as spraying by hand.
  6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of it is droplet size. The Z-spray uses AI (air injection) nozzles from Tee Jet. Very nice control of weeds, and I can actually back off the amount of pesticide and achieve great control.
  7. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

OSJ: I test drove one in Orlando at GIC last year. It was uncomfortable to say the least after using the PG for so many years. For what ever reason their booths are very slow inside and out and you never hear or seeing anyone using them. They also have that new machine on the mower frame that you use for larger properties. I think its over 10 grand. Z Spray always seems to have the most people attheir booths. It would be nice to have some trials on them all side by side.