C9 Holiday Lighting Around Windows?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by A Perfect Shine, Nov 12, 2004.

1. A Perfect Shine

A Perfect Shine LawnSite Member

I just started doing Holiday Lighting this year. So far we are kicking butt and all our customers have been thrilled with our work.

Tomorrow I am doing my first job that involves stringing C-9 lighting around her exterior window frames. Does anyone know of the best way to do this? A big priority of mine is to put as few holes into my customer's houses as possible and use clips and the like, but sometimes this is not possible when hanging garland and such.

Also, do I have to go at it from the outside of the house using a ladder or could I go inside the house and strong them through the open window. The reason I ask is because some of the terrain under her windows is rough for a ladder.

-Chris

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

One of our clients put up their own lights (for the amount that they do, I'm glad it's them and not me!), most of them are C7's. The ones they put around their windows are attached to a wood frame that fits the window opening. Don't know of any other way, we haven't lit windows before and really don't intend to.:)

Dan

3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Chris.......

"This is the first house we have done in 2004. This was a simple job using only roof, shrub, flood lights, and ground stake lighting".

Per this photo on your website..........looks like at least $500 in material plus labor? Would it be correct to assume you invoiced this job at $1200+?
    Just curious as to the margin on this.

Great websites by the way.

4. A Perfect Shine

A Perfect Shine LawnSite Member

That was the piliot house, I did it for free.

If I were to charge it would have been $3 a foot for roof lighting and $2 a foot for ground lighting. Plus a few hundred for the bushes and spotlights. Altogether I'd estimate it to come out to around $1200-$1400.

The biggest thing we've made money on this year is tree wrapping though. One lady paid $2400 to have a few trees wrapped and a guy today paid $1500 to have a few trees wrapped plus another $1500 in roof, spotlights, garland and ground lighting.

-Chris

5. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

just for reference what are c-9 lights?

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

These are C-9 lights, we use these all around our house, around the windows, etc...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]