CA drought thread

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Feb 28, 2009.

1. The CA drought needs a long discussion thread. As CA goes so goes the country. 7th largest economy in the world. If you want to know where Obama wants to take this country look at CA. I'm betting CA suffers major population decline for a good 4-5 years. Beautiful state and I have a long road trip planned for it but they have some major problems.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96K7SB01&show_article=1

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of people have been on the move from Cali for a while. There have been many local articles and discussions about all the Californians moving to Colorado. Based on housing and cost of living. They were leaving their tech jobs in CA, for tech jobs in CO. Selling their $1mill homes in CA, and getting a home twice the size and half the price in CO. Schools have been another issue, and traffic. Families are tired of dad spending an extra 2 hours on the road each day, instead of with the kids. I would say the majority of my new customers that have just moved here, are from Cali. And these have been the stories they've expressed to me.

3. Maybe we can put a sign up that tells them to take a right and go to Texas? Or better yet Mississippi and Alabama?

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

How's about Wyoming? Lowest total population there. They need a good influx of liberals :)

5. Sadly they will take the same attitudes and voting pattern to where ever they go and screw up that state as well.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

libs make the world go round

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Jacksonhole area and a lot of Western WY has a real lot of Cali transplants.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So do "Fat bottom girls"

9. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting back to the OP, does Schwarzeneggerville have water restrictions. I'm sure Kiril has some charts and graphs about the drought.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Water restrictions an the Gov's mansion? Hmmm...... Brown grass at the state capitol.......