CA Pesticide Regulations

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tlc1994, Jun 21, 2011.

1. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me start off by saying that I do NOT do any sort of herbicide control for any of my clients, aside from my own personal lawn. We had a bunch of guys go around the neighborhood offering to fertilize lawns, and as I checked the California Department of Pesticide Regulations, you must have a state-issued license to apply any pesticide. My question is (please forgive my ignorance, but again I do not deal with this), does the pesticide license encompass herbicide, insecticide, and fertilizer application for commercial use? I asked these guys if they were licensed - they said no - and don't want any of my neighbors to get burned. I just want to make sure that I give my neighbors the right information.

2. I know I live in Florida but here it is crazy. You don't need a license for fert(by 2014 we will though). You need a limited license for herbicide in beds/pavers/driveways,etc and for apps to ornamentals. You need a full license to do apps to turf....
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Any pesticide, (herbicide, insecticide, fungicide etc) requires certification, if not applied to your own property. Fertilizer: depends on the state law.

4. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

dont cut yourself short. Your limited lis. allows you to spray any pesticide within the bed areas with a caution label, including fungicides, insecticides, herbicides, etc...etc....

5. Fl I know brother I included that right after I said herbicides in my post. Trust me, if I'm able to offer the service, I do!
    Posted via Mobile Device