Ca Residential Maintenance Service Plans

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cahermit, Jun 20, 2006.

1. cahermit

cahermit LawnSite Member

I wanted to get some feedback on my plans and operations... Living in Central Cali, I m thinking I'll have year round mowing services to provide, just in the winter I'll be doing weekly leaf removal, and bi weekly mowings, at the same rate. I'm billing monthly, and offering 4 services, thinking about eventually offering a 5th.

Services are
    1) Basic Biweekly; every other week I mow and blow (& edge ofc).
    2) Basic Weekly; weekly mow and blow.
    3) Full Biweekly; biweekly mows with monthly hedge trimming.
    4) Full Weekly; weekly mow with monthly hedge trimming.

5) 'Prime' Service, which basically means that I'll do what it takes to make the yard look good; Full weekly service plus minor tree trimming, minor sprinkler repair, aeration, pesticide application and fertilization. This would be an extremely high estimate due to the inability to forsee some of the things that may need to be done... Which is why I'm not offering it yet, although I do offer the services individually.

All of the rates are determined on an hourly estimate (shooting for 35$/hr). So I look at a lawn and figure it'll be a 45 minute mow & blow tops, I round up to 1 hour... per week. Then multiply by 2.1 for biweekly service, or 4.25 for weekly service and that is my monthly rate for mowing services. If in doubt, I always round up to correct for error. The #s 2.1 and 4.25 are weeks in a month, usually there are 4 weeks in a month, and every 3rd month has a 5th week which is where the .25 and .1 come from. Hedge trimming is done by the same hourly rate, but not multiplied because it's a monthly rate. My father-in-law has been doing yard maintenance as a soloist for about 25 years and he quoted me at the 35$/hr in our area, although he only does biweekly full services. He takes no job under 100$/month.
    So, does anyone have anything to add or comment on that may be able to help or point something out to me?

-American Landscaping :usflag: