Cab over dump

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Viseras lawn service, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

I have a mitsubishi dumptruck, the cab and frame are in good shape and it runs great, but the bed is rotted out and needs replacement.

I am looking for a stainless 10 ft mason dump, that will allow for high sideracks to be made out of wood, so that it can hold atleast 10 yds of mulch or light matierial.

any websites where i can get this type of bed would be appreciated, or any pictures of this setup would be great.

Thanks!

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Why don't you have a HD flatbed built then you can have any size of sides you want and different options. If the dump box is rusted out what is the rest of the truck like ?

3. Viseras lawn service

from 6

the truck and bed are 10 yrs old. the frame and cab are in good shape, and the engine runs fine. the bed has taken abuse from salt/sand in the winter, but now the truck no longer runs a sander, just a plow, so once the bed is replaced it will be fine.

every year we remove all rust from the frame, apply rust conversion products, and then repaint with flat black rust-o-leum to keep it in good shape.

4. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't just want to sell what you got do you? I just blew the motor in mine

5. Viseras lawn service

from 6

how many miles on the motor?

we have about 55k, truck is used mainly in the spring for hauling mulch around town, and usually is used lightly thru the summer for brush removal jobs, and as a light duty plow truck in the winter (no sander).

everything is good on it except i think some one will fall thru the bed soon:dizzy:

6. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

120k miles. I can't just junk it i have 12k into it. I also can't justify spending what a motor cost on a '94. I don't really know what to do. At this point i am going to break the motor down and try to rebuld it. Do you want to sell yours ? if so how much?