1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cab over pics, lets see them. also nice truck for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Apr 7, 2005.

1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Another Cabover

I really like cab overs. I love to drive them, they are not fast. and well they are pretty safe.
    I was thinking of a npr box(16)ft with a 60 inch z and a 36. There should be enough room for a work bench etc?? What is the gas milage on a automatic 99(175hp) diesel npr box? any ideas..

Just food for thought, thanks

Any idea how the man cab is made or if it is made by a welder or fabricator. Are they made by a company??
  2. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

I drive a 2004 Isuzu NPR with a 14 foot box at my full-time job. We have almost 18,000 miles on it and it has been a great truck so far. It handles the loads (printed material) very well both suspension and power-wise. The best mpg we have seen with our truck is 12.4 mpg. The lowest mpg we have seen was about 10.5 in the winter months. This is with a lot of stopping and starting. I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade this truck for anything else on the market for the application that we use it for. It has an awesome turning circle, handles loads well, is fun to drive. visibility is great, etc. I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say "man cab". Do you mean the van bodies on the back of the truck? Our van body was built by Supreme Corporation of Griffin, Georgia. The truck cab and chassis was built in Japan. Hope this helps.
  3. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the info. ic you click the link there is a 4 man cab that is an add on to the single cab npr.
  4. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I get your drift now about the cab thing. Yep, Isuzu makes a 4 door crew cab, but if I remember correctly the cab does not tilt with the crew cab as opposed to the 3 passenger regular cab.
  5. Madstriper

Madstriper LawnSite Member

I used to run one, I think a 95 or 96 model.
    Diesel, 5 speed with a/c.
    Had a 950 gallon poo poo vacuum tank.
    Really heavily overloaded, pulled it great, averaged at least 17 mpg.
    Pulled a fiberglass 20' portable restroom trailer behind the loaded truck
    for about 120 miles, could hardly tell it was back there. Even on the
    big hills next to the MS River. Impressed me!
    I have had and still love the Ford Powerstroke, but i have been thinking
    about going with an Isuzu diesel as i build up my business.
    My advice, stick with a a diesel isuzu and manual tranny.
    I got up to 21mpg one week without the a/c on. Never drove an
    auto tranny on one of these, but the five speed worked as well
    as a honda.
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I love mine. Visibility is incredible. I would not consider anything below a '99 though. Mine is a stick, but my next one will be an auto. I just wish they had an I6 in them. An FSR w/ 16" wheels would really be awesome.
  7. franniedog

franniedog LawnSite Member

I bought my nqr iszuzu last year and would not trade it for the world.I put the dump and go body on it and posted several pictures last year.Driving this cabover actually is alot of fun and the not having to pull a trailer deal makes the cake!Cabovers rule in my book.