Cab Size?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by deerewashed, Jan 19, 2010.

?

Cab size

1. regular

31.7%
  2. ext

37.3%
  3. crew

31.0%
  1. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering what size cab you guys go on your trucks.....i am going to buy a good truck soon and want to know what size to get.

2. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a regular cab. I only have one employee so its not that big of a deal but I can't carry more than three people including myself so some times i wish I had a extended cab. It depends on how many people will be on that crew.

3. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

Regular cabs are great for work and having the big bed. Plus the visibility is great for plowing/backing trailers etc. It gets a little cozy with two or more passengers though, unless the passengers are girls!

4. RDS

RDS LawnSite Member

I have a extended cab and a regular cab chevy and the only reason I like the extended cab is I use theback seat fo some extra storage and the ocasional time I have more than three people with me. I like the regularcab for plowing it has better visibility.

5. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

you need a 8 foot bed ............

6. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Crew (Actually Mega) for me Regular or Ext for employees.

7. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

I have all 3 in the fleet, I drive the crew cab, and my wife drives the ext. cab untill she gets her tahoe for bidding this summer. regular cabs are nice, cheeper too, but after a long day out in the sun mowing or landscaping I dont want to be piled into the cab of the truck w/ 2 other guys. hence the extra cab. they only add a few more feet if you use them for plowing and the extra inside storage I have found to be very nice. we used to have a bed cap on the regular cab (came with it, didnt buy it) and it was a pita to use the truck like we needed to so off it came.

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

extended and I'm solo. I use the backseat for my printer and tools and extra parts.

9. Perfect Image TLM

Perfect Image TLM LawnSite Senior Member

I have an extended F350 and Love having the extra room for all kinds of reasons!

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a really cab, but really should have gotten an extended cab..