1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cab Size?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by deerewashed, Jan 19, 2010.

Cab size

1. regular

2. ext

3. crew

1. becpropertymaint.

becpropertymaint. LawnSite Senior Member

crew cab for me works great if everyone is going to the same job site they work well if you have 4-6 guys and really only need on truck there

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That was supposed to be regular, not really.
  3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I actually started a thread in the truck/trailer forum about a week ago on a similar topic, ext cabs vs. crew cabs. I can tell you this, I currently own a regular cab truck. The regular cab is nice if it is strictly for work purposes but when you want to use it for a personal truck, you can't really do much with it. And especially if you want to be able to have people in the truck with you, the regular cab just doesn't cut it.

The ext. cabs are nicer. Depending on the age of the truck, the ext. cabs could have minimal room in back or a pretty good amount of room but still not enough. It will allow you to keep more stuff in the cab and carry a couple people, but don't expect the passengers in the back to be too comfortable.

The crew cabs give you obviously the most room. If you are going to be driving people around alot, go for the crew cab. I'd rather have more space than less space. Make sure that you are going to be happy with the truck.
  4. 4b landscape

4b landscape LawnSite Member

crew cab all the way!! the back seat is a great place to put stuff if no one is riding with you!! we had reg cabs before we bought a crew, i would be lost without my crew!
  5. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

My Mega Cab has so much stuff in the back you can't even sit there right now :laugh: I don't know what I would do with all my stuff if I had a regular cab
  6. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I second that.I have a extended cab,tool box ,brief case,measuring wheel ect.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i wouldnt want to go with any smaller than an extended cab. it seems like there is no room for stuff in a regular cab
  8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I'll buy any, I currently have a reg and a Crew Cab. My last truck had a Extended cab.
  9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have all three, but predominatley single cab. i run a crew of three to four, so the crew is my truck.
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer regular cab.

And, I think is another important aspect, is not only cab size but also wheelbase, and the shorter the better for me.

Reason being that when plowing, the turning radius's are much smaller and better for maneuvering.

I have not met a single plow operator, with and extended cab or bigger, that didn't complain about it.